“Terms & Conditions of Service”
Premier Car Service Policies / Terms & Conditions of Service
You may cancel your booking without charge at any time up to 6 hours before your scheduled pickup.
All clients receive a detailed reservation confirmation with relevant policies and instructions. We will not be held liable for incorrect information as we give every client ample opportunity to check the reservations details for errors.
When a reservation is confirmed by Premier Car Service we are reserving a car and driver to be available for you, at your service for the agreed upon time and requested service. We have incurred costs in providing that service whether you have entered the vehicle or not. The driver has committed his schedule and has refused other service calls for that time period in order to be available for you.
By placing a reservation with Premier Car Service you acknowledge and expressly agree to the following policies, terms and conditions and further expressly authorize Premier Car Service to charge your credit card in full or part amounts relating to your reservation including but not limited to charging your credit card in full for the reservation plus any time the driver was on site waiting for you, should you be considered a “no-show” or a late cancellation. Service is deemed rendered, whether you enter the vehicle or not when the cancellation period is reached. All bookings must be secured with a credit card on file.
All payments for services rendered are nonrefundable.
"Reservation Confirmations” remains in place until you receive an updated “Reservation Confirmation” from our office. If there are any changes or cancellations required, please ensure that you notify our office and that you receive an emailed updated reservation response from us to ensure our system is updated and your vehicle is properly dispatched. If a driver is dispatched to a call that was not updated by the customer and processed by our administration in time, additional charges will be applied to compensate the driver.
CREDIT CARD SUBMISSION
Your credit card information is submitted, stored and transmitted at all times in a 100% encrypted state unreadable to anyone. Premier Car Service will not sell, rent or disseminate your personal and financial information to any outside third parties.
By submitting your credit card you agree to accept all liability as personal indebtedness for all charges for the persons noted on the form or online booking submission. You grant your approval and authorization for PREMIER CAR SERVICE to charge the credit card as noted for any and all charges in association with the transportation services rendered for said persons and/or persons in the company of the said persons. The account holder is responsible for any charges incurred by employees or associates of the company. If applicable, you also understand that there may be additional charges for wait time, cancellations, additional luggage fees, or damages caused by associates of the account holder. You agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement. You accept all charges incurred as personal indebtedness and permit PREMIER CAR SERVICE any and all legal rectification.
To avoid being charged as a no-show, do not leave your location without contacting Premier Car Service by phone.
We can be contacted 24 hours a day / seven days a week by phone, email, text or our website. If for any reason, the client cannot locate their driver, please contact us immediately. We also endeavour to catch scheduling errors by emailing the trip reservation to every client for every trip prior to their pickup.
- A "no-show" is charged in the event the client fails to contact us, locate the driver, and/or leaves the pick-up location or fails to be at the pickup location at the scheduled time. No-shows are charged the full amount of the scheduled trip plus the hourly wait time for the duration of the time the driver waited to serve the client.
- If you enter the wrong car/limousine in error and utilized another service you will be considered a “no-show.”
- For airport reservations, you will be considered a no-show at 45 minutes past your scheduled pick-up time. (60 minutes for international arrivals requiring customs clearance) unless we hear from you and we are informed of your delay. Also, see "Extended Wait Time" policy below.
- In the event that the client’s flight landed and there has been no contact past the above stated times, the client will be considered a no-show.
- If a transfer was pre-paid and the passenger did not show up – the payment is forfeited.
Premier Car Service will make every effort to contact both the provided cell number and an email will be sent as well.
For all other bookings, we provide a 15 minute waiting period and after 30 minutes you will be considered a no-show. If you have not met your driver or contacted us by phone or text message, you will be charged in full for the reservation plus wait time.
When you make a reservation with Premier Car Service, we are guaranteeing that we will be at your door or at the airport to meet you, even if you are the only person scheduled for that time. In order to serve our clients, due to demand and a tight schedule, we may have turned down other service opportunities or delegated work to other drivers in order to have a free car and driver available for you. Due to the nature of pre-arranged car service, when a cancellation occurs on short notice - we therefore as a result incur losses.
- If a booked passenger does not show up or cancels at the last minute, we have still invested a driver and vehicle for them and incur costs and time in doing so.
- Please do not cancel after you arrive at Halifax Airport, as your vehicle will be there waiting for you. Should your flight be cancelled prior to your pick-up, call us and let us know, we can verify cancelled flights. Unless we receive a call from our customer, your vehicle will be at the pick-up location on time, weather and road conditions permitting.
- Cancellations due to weather, flight diversions, flight cancellations are not subject to cancellation charges provided that flight monitoring confirms the diversion or cancellation and notification are given to our dispatch in the appropriate time for departures and the vehicle is not underway. Each cancellation is investigated to determine the factors involved.
- If we are unable to provide service due to unforeseen events, we will contact our customer and make other arrangements, if at all possible. Severe weather, heavy traffic, accidents and breakdowns do happen. Premier Car Service will provide the best service to our customers that is possible under these circumstances. Should there be any unforeseen circumstances, Premier Car Service will try to provide our customers with alternate transportation with another company.
- There is no cancellation penalty due to flight cancellations or weather-related cancellations for transfers that are rescheduled for pickup.
- Cancellations that occur under the cancellation timeline must be charged the full flat rate of the service requested to cover our costs and/or losses.
- Every no-show and every late cancellation is investigated to determine the circumstances for the cancellation of service. Please respect our need to charge for unused services when a follow-up investigation deems it necessary. Eligibility for a refund with less than the required notice is at the sole discretion of our management staff.
- AIRPORT: Cancellations within 6 hours of scheduled service and/or cancellations without prior notification to Premier Car Service will result in full charges. The minimum charges for no-show cancellation fees can be 1) forfeit of the prepaid amount 2) the amount of the reservation total 3) the hourly rate of the vehicle requested plus any additionals requested; in addition to the wait time of the driver.
- HOURLY SERVICE: Cancellations within 24 hours of scheduled service and/or cancellations without prior notification to Premier Car Service will result in a minimum charge of $70 or 50% of the time booked plus additionals. Please notify us for any changes/cancellations at least 2 weeks ahead of time for any Wedding or Prom reservation. A minimum of 3 hours will be charged for proms and weddings.
Halifax airport charges each sedan/SUV a $7.50 commercial pickup fee for each airport pickup; an additional $7.50 will be applied to the fare for airport pickups. Passengers must follow Airport Pickup Procedures.
Regardless of the pickup time that you submit for an airport pickup booking, your pickup time will be adjusted to coincide with the arrival of your flight.
Meet & Greet option: When the driver is requested to meet the passenger inside the airport an additional $15 will be applied to the reservation.
AIRPORT PICKUPS WITHOUT FLIGHT ARRIVAL NUMBER
If somehow an airport pickup is scheduled without a flight number or an incorrect flight number the driver will be there for the pickup time inputted by the client. Additional charges will apply if wait time exceeds the following time durations:
- Domestic Flights: Up to 30 Minutes.
- US Flights: Up to 45 Minutes
- International Flights: Up to 45 Minutes.
INCORRECT FLIGHT ARRIVAL NUMBER: If we do not have your correct HALIFAX ARRIVAL flight number, we cannot monitor your flight. (Your departure flight # is not always the same as your arrival #) Without a correct flight #, we will be at the airport at the default arrival time you entered on the booking. PLEASE NOTE: If your flight is late and our driver has to wait more then 30 minutes for you, wait time charges will apply. To avoid these charges please ensure we have your correct arrival flight number landing in Halifax by checking your flight itinerary.
PASSENGER IS LATE FOR AIRPORT TRANSFER:
Our drivers and vehicle make every effort to show up before the scheduled pick up time. Because our services are in demand and the driver often has a series of transfers scheduled. The maximum we can wait for you may only be 10 minutes if we have a client scheduled for pickup immediately after your transfer. Should the driver have to leave, this will be considered a “no-show” and our no-show policy applies.
EXTENDED WAIT TIMES
We understand that time is required to retrieve your luggage or use the washroom after a long flight. However please ensure you inform the driver if your luggage is lost and you have to wait at baggage claim, customs is holding you up or there are other circumstances that result in extended wait times. Please contact the driver at the number sent to you via our automated text messaging to inform us of any delays. Additional charges can apply if wait time exceeds the following time durations:
- Domestic Flights: Up to 30 Minutes.
- US Flights: Up to 45 Minutes
- International Flights: Up to 45 Minutes.
WAIT TIME POLICY
There are no wait time charges for arrival flights under 30 minutes, drivers monitor the flight and are aware of early or late flight arrivals. However, if you do not provide the correct arrival flight number – we cannot monitor your flight. If the driver has to wait more than 30 minutes because of incorrect arrival flight number, wait time charges will apply.
★ If you are delayed inside the terminal, e.g. lost luggage or customs - please call your driver immediately to let them know. If the driver has to wait longer than the above wait times without any communication from the passenger, wait time charges will apply and/or the driver may leave and consider you a "No Show."
The driver will wait a maximum of 1 hour after your flight has landed - or after your scheduled pickup time in the event that your arrival flight number is incorrect.
Wait charges apply when the client is in the car and asks the driver to wait/park regardless of reason. When the clients or associates of the client are in the car the full hourly rate applies.
Airport Transfers: Customers are provided fifteen (15) minutes of wait time after the scheduled pickup time and for all stops. Wait time beyond the fifteen (15) minutes will incur the transfer base charge plus the hourly rate of the vehicle prorated. If your delay may result in our driver not being able to service our next client on time, the driver may have to leave and you will still be charged for the reservation in full. We understand that you would not want another client impacting your schedule so we cannot permit delays to impact our clients. In the event this situation occurs, you will still be charged the full rate to the airport plus wait time.
Wait Time - Non-Airport Transfers: Customers are provided fifteen (15) minutes of wait time after the scheduled pickup time and stops. Wait time beyond the fifteen (15) minutes will incur the transfer base charge plus the vehicle's hourly rate prorated.
Wait time charges are calculated by the vehicles hourly rate prorated in one-minute intervals. Sedan $70/hr. SUV $95/hr
Our grace period is defined as fifteen (10) minutes beyond the scheduled pick up time for airport transfers.
Our grace period is defined as fifteen (15) minutes beyond the scheduled pick up time for point to point transfers.
Exceeding the grace period will result in wait time charges.
Any schedule changes/delays made within two (2) hours of the scheduled pick-up time will result in wait time charges starting at the scheduled pick-up time.
Premier Car Service is able to monitor all commercial flights, therefore, wait time is not charged for any passenger arriving on a commercial airline.
Premier Car Service cannot monitor all private flights, therefore, wait time will be charged as incurred for any passenger arriving on a private plane that is delayed by more than 15 minutes.
Premier Car Service can not monitor train schedules, therefore, wait time will be charged as incurred for any passenger arriving by train that is delayed by more than 15 minutes.
By law, we are limited to the number of seat belts in the vehicle. Vehicles cannot be loaded beyond seating capacity.
You are limited to the capacity of the trunk or cargo space of the vehicle. If large suitcases need to be placed in the passenger compartment an additional $6 charge will be applied for each piece in the passenger compartment. Carry on bags, purses, laptops etc are not subject to this charge.
Large hard case items may have a surcharge of $10.00 per direction and do require advance notice. The quantity of each piece must be itemized.
Skis, snowboards, and golf clubs (no case) are carried at no additional charge but do count as a piece of luggage and do require advance notice and is subject to the additional $6 fee if required to be placed in the passenger cabin. The quantity of each piece must be itemized.
We must be notified of any extra luggage (charged at $6.00* per piece) and we reserve the right to refuse any extra that has not been prearranged. Passengers with excessive amounts of luggage or large and bulky items may be required to book additional service to accommodate the luggage.
FLAT RATE PRICING - (point to point long distance)
Premier Car Service has standardized point-to-point rates that provide flat rate pricing for long distance travel requirements.
Where multiple stops and destinations are required, there is a minimum $15 per stop or a flat rate estimated at a rate of $1.70/km is applied. Local point to point transfers within Halifax Regional Municipality are charged at the hourly / as-directed rate ($70/hr sedan; $95/hr SUV).
Certain long trips may require an additional fee for meals and/or overnight accommodations for the driver.
AS DIRECTED (HOURLY) PRICING - (LOCAL SERVICE)
Customers are billed from the time the vehicle is scheduled to pick up the client until the time the client is dropped off in 30-minute increments. Fractions of an hour are rounded to the next half hour.
Hourly rates are $70/hr for limo sedan and $95/hr for SUV. One hour minimum.
Specialty vehicles such as the Cadillac Escalade are $110/hr
Peak Hourly Rates are from 9:45 pm to 4:30 am; rates are $85/hr for a sedan and $125/hr for SUV. Specialty vehicles such as the Cadillac Escalade are $130/hr for peak rate times.
PAYMENTS IN DEFAULT / CHARGEBACKS
There will be a $10 administration fee added to each service call that is in default and due past 14 days each time the invoice is sent and payment is requested every two weeks. If a chargeback (also known as a payment reversal on a credit card) occurs, the customer will be invoiced all chargeback fees, arbitration fees applied plus a $10 administration fee for each chargeback in addition to the chargeback amount. If any payment due is left unpaid for 14 days after the due date, we reserve the right to add and collect administration charges, all sums that are due and owing along with all expenses for court fees in seeking payment, filing fees, court costs, bailiff fees and reasonable attorney fees.
All bookings are secured with a credit card. Our normal procedure and policy is to charge the card on file and the receipt is delivered to the email on file. There is a 15% minimum gratuity charged on all credit card payments. The passenger also has the option to make payment by cash in the vehicle without gratuity.
Premier Car Service shall not be liable for circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to weather, road, traffic, and vehicle breakdowns.
BAGGAGE AND OTHER BELONGINGS
Premier Car Service does not assume any responsibility whatsoever for lost or damaged baggage, property, personal belongings, or any items left in the vehicle.
CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS
Premier Car Service reserves the right to refuse transport to any persons under the excessive influence of any drugs or alcohol. Transportation will also be terminated and full payment due immediately if the driver feels threatened in any way.
Premier Car Service reserves the right to terminate any reservation without refund if the driver or dispatcher on duty feels that the client and/or party of the client is putting the driver, vehicle, client or the party of the client in danger of injury or damage to the vehicle. We also reserve the right to terminate the service if the client or party of the client are in the possession of any illegal material and/or substance. The service will be cancelled without refund. Premier Car Service further reserves the right to refuse service at its sole discretion. This is without exception.
The Party paying for the Reservation is responsible for all damages and/or cleaning charges incurred by the renter and/or Party of the Renter, including but not limited to: Vomit/Sickness ($200 Cleaning Fee), Beverage Spillage ($100, Cleaning Fee), Burns ($500 -$1000 Replacement/Repair), Smoking ( $100 per violation ) Upholstery Tears ($500-$1000, Replacement/Repair) and/or Opening a Car Door into another Vehicle or Stationary Object ($1500-$2000) etc. We reserve the right to charge up to $5000 for damages, and/or loss of income resulting from any vehicle damage caused by the customer. Any charges incurred will be charged to the credit card provided unless alternate arrangements are made by the client.
USE OF SEAT-BELTS
Nova Scotia law requires that all passengers in vehicles so equipped shall use a seat belt. We strongly urge all passengers, and any minor they are responsible for, to comply with this law.
Nova Scotia law requires that children under 40 pounds be restrained in an approved child seat. Any child between 40 – 90 pounds or under 4 foot 6 inches must be restrained in an approved child booster seat. Furnishing the seat, and buckling said seat into any Premier Car Service vehicle is the responsibility of the parent or guardian accompanying the child.
Child car seats are available on request. There is a $7 fee per seat associated for this request as the seats must be retrieved and installed before pickup, they are not regularly carried in the vehicle.
We will not be responsible or liable for unfastened seatbelts or child car seats in the vehicle – this is entirely the responsibility of the passenger, parent or guardian. Parents and guardians of children travelling in vehicles are responsible for providing and installing child safety seats in accordance with provincial laws.
ALCOHOL / DRUGS
Passengers must not consume alcohol or carry open containers which hold, or say they contain alcohol while in the vehicles. As per Nova Scotia law any alcohol must be sealed. Any alcohol must be transported in the trunk of the vehicle and is the responsibility of the passenger. The driver will not handle any alcohol at any time. Consumption of alcohol or illicit drugs inside the vehicle is illegal / prohibited and will result in immediate termination of the service without refund.
Nova Scotia Smoke-free Places Act states:
5 (1) No person shall smoke in any enclosed place that is or includes:
(l) a ferry, ferry terminal, bus, bus station or shelter, taxi, taxi shelter, limousine or vehicle carrying passengers for hire;
14 (1) Every person, other than a manager or employer, who contravenes this Act or the regulations or fails to comply with an order made pursuant to this Act or the regulations is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than two thousand dollars.
(2) Every manager or employer who contravenes this Act or the regulations or fails to comply with an order made pursuant to this Act or the regulations is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction for a first offence to a fine of not more than two thousand dollars, for a second offence to a fine of not more than five thousand dollars and for a third or subsequent offence to a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars.
(3) In addition to any penalty levied pursuant to subsection (2) upon conviction for an offence contrary to this Act, an authority authorized to suspend or cancel any licence or permit issued in respect of the premises where the offence was committed may suspend or cancel that licence or permit. 2002, c. 12, s. 14 .
UNCONTROLLABLE ACTS / ACTS OF GOD
Premier Car Service is not responsible for acts of God, acts of nature and/or circumstances that are beyond our control; including but not limited to traffic congestion, road closures, accidents, flight delays, weather delays, vehicle break downs etc.